Laser hair removal is one of the most popular aesthetic procedures today. Sought after by both women and men, laser hair removal delivers the fastest solution for permanent hair reduction and long-lasting removal results for unwanted, bothersome hair.
My Secret Spa has invested in the latest, most advanced laser hair removal system to ensure residents throughout Pittsburgh and Allegheny County receive the best hair removal results. So how does laser hair removal work?
Our advanced Astanza ReSmooth diode laser uses laser light pulses to selectively target melanin found in hair follicles. The pigment in the hair follicle absorbs the laser’s light energy and heats up, effectively damaging the follicle and its nutrient source for growth.
It’s important to know the different phases of hair growth: the anagen phase, catagen phase, and telogen phase.
● The anagen (aka the growth phase) is when new hairs are generated. Hairs during this phase are still attached to the root and are receiving nourishment from the vascular papilla.
● The catagen phase (aka the resting phase) comes next and lasts about 10 days to 2 weeks. During this phase, the hair follicle shrinks and detaches from the vascular papilla, thus cutting the hair strand off from its nourishing blood supply.
● The telogen phase (aka the shedding phase) is when no hair is produced. During this phase, the resting hair from the catagen phase is pushed out by the growth of a new anagen hair.
For laser hair removal to be successful, hairs must be treated during the anagen phase, when they are still attached to the vascular papilla. However, each individual hair on the body grows at an independent rate, meaning every hair is in a different growth phase at any given time. During a laser hair removal session, all the unwanted hairs in a certain area are treated with no way of knowing which phase they’re in. Therefore, multiple laser sessions are necessary to target every hair during their anagen phase.
On average, most clients will need 8 to 12 treatments spaced 3 to 8 weeks apart for long-lasting, permanent results. Touch-ups may be required to target the hairs that were not treated during their anagen phase. Our ReSmooth laser works on all skin types and nearly all hair types. Like most lasers, our ReSmooth has difficulty treating red, grey, and blonde hair due to the similarity in tone to the surrounding tissue. Clients with light skin and dark hair will experience the best results.
Call My Secret Spa in Carnegie, PA at (412) 848-5882 to schedule your free laser hair removal consultation and remove your unwanted hair today!
Laser hair removal is a noninvasive procedure that uses light energy to target and destroy hair follicles, inhibiting future growth and promoting long-lasting, smooth, hair-free skin.
Laser hair removal can be performed on all areas where undesired hair grows, both big and small. Our ReSmooth Standard handpiece is designed to reach even the most difficult body areas. We treat numerous locations, including the legs, arms, back, neck, chest, bikini area, face, underarms, areolas and more.
The average client needs anywhere from 8 to 12 treatments spaced 4 to 8 weeks apart for long-lasting results. Permanent hair reduction is most successful when all hairs are treated during their anagen growth phase. In order to target each hair during this phase, multiple sessions are needed. Touch-ups are also offered to maintain results and treat the leftover hairs that were missed during their anagen phase.
My Secret Spa determines the price per treatment based on the size of the area being treated. We categorize each body part by its size and charge a flat fee for that size category. Depending on how many areas you want to be treated, we may offer custom pricing for clients who wish to bundle and save on various areas. Visit the bottom of this page for more pricing details.
Our Astanza ReSmooth laser is FDA approved and 100% noninvasive. We use the safest protocols unique to each client skin and hair type to ensure the best results. Our ReSmooth laser features an integrated skin cooling system that helps alleviate the skin immediately before each laser pulse. Furthermore, the ReSmooth features SmoothPulse mode, a special innovation that distributes energy evenly for painless treatment.
My Secret Spa offers affordable and competitive pricing for laser hair removal. We determine the price per treatment based on the size of the area(s) you want to be treated. Best of all, our consultations are always free! We also offer special treatment packages and discounts to help you bundle and save.
Treatment packages can be paid in full or a payment plan set up prior to starting treatment:
● 10% off 3-treatment package
● 20% off 5-treatment package
● Mix and Match Discounts available, call to schedule a free consultation for more details
● Referral Discount: Refer a friend and both of you will receive 15% off your next session
● BOGO: Buy a laser hair removal package and receive 15% off any other service we offer
● Military Discount: Active and veteran military members receive 15% off all treatments with proof of identification